The Rhoer Club has hundreds of members nationwide that are involved in community service, educational and social activities throughout the year. Rhoers have the opportunity to attend regional conferences and national conventions whenever they convene. Therefore, Rhoers get to meet their sisters from neighboring states and from all over the country at the Regional & National Conventions. Promoting sisterhood is the key uniting factor of the Rhoer Club.
Theta Rho Sigma is dedicated to inspiring their Rhoers to heights of Greater attainment by:
- Encouraging higher educational and career aspirations by making them aware of current facts concerning women in the workplace, career choices and resources for college placement.
- Encouraging them to plan for economic self-sufficiency by teaching them personal financial management.
- Encouraging them to delay motherhood by increasing their knowledge about the economic, social, emotional and physical costs of child bearing.
- Discourage self-destructive behaviors such as drug/alcohol abuse, pregnancy or dropping out of school, by increasing a girl’s self esteem.
Our Rhoer Club is currently involved in the following community service projects and activities:
- Hattie McDaniel Breast Cancer Awareness – Rhoers participate in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk to raise funds for breast cancer awareness.
- Theta Rho Σ Cares – Rhoers help to beautify the city by painting murals at local schools and also to serve meals to the homeless.
- Project Reassurance – Junior College Readiness Seminar
- Girls RHOck – Youth Symposium
- Blue and Gold Picnic – This is an annual picnic held by the sponsoring graduate chapter, Theta Rho Sigma. It takes place every summer and is the kick off for Operation Big Book Bag. Rhoers help to get school supplies to be donated to those less fortunate.
Membership into the Rhoer program is open to all young ladies ages 13-18 who demonstrate high scholastic achievement, and a commitment to community service. If you want to know yourself better, learn to work with other young women, and enjoy traveling, then the Rhoer Club is for you! Please contact Rhoer Coordinator, Ms. Tamelia Spooner for more information.